American actor and producer, Ray Liotta, is dead.
The American movie star died in his sleep in the Dominican Republic at the age of 67.
- New mum comes under fire for piercing her daughter’s ears same day she was born
- Aged online comedienne, Madam Social, is dead
- Actress Marcy Dolapo Oni acquires an electronic car
- Tears as Sound Engineer burnt to death by Okada riders is laid to rest today (Photos)
- “History will repeat itself” Funke Akindele hints at breaking records once again
Publicist Jennifer Allen said he had been on location shooting a new film Dangerous Waters.
The deceased got a big break with his role as an ex-convict Ray Sinclair in the 1986 comedy Something Wild.
Liotta gained prominence for playing Shoeless Joe Jackson in Field of Dreams (1989).
Another movie he’s best known for is Martin Scorsese’s Goodfellas (1990); he played mobster Henry Hill.
Ray Liotta was also Tommy Vercetti in the video game Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (2002).
He won an Emmy for Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series (ER) in 2005, among other awards.
Born in Newark, New Jersey, Liotta was engaged to Jacy Nittolo at the time of death.